Donna Allen, LMFT "LMFT" stands for Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, and this means my orientation is from a systems point of view. Whether you are interested in individual or relationship therapy, this approach gives me a wholistic view of the many factors in your life that impact you, both in terms of stressors as well as supports. I work with people in relationships of all kinds and individuals experiencing:
- depression or anxiety
- trauma and abuse or its aftermath
- grief and loss
- adjustment to major life changes
- working with life adjustments of individuals of all ages
- LGBT concerns
- pre-marital counseling
- relationship counseling
- improving communication skills with couples
- helping partners with intimacy concerns
- assisting partners contemplating transition
- helping partners and families adjust to life after divorce or separation.
Other Skills and Training
I have a BS in Art Education, I am a long time practitioner of meditation, as well as a 200 hour Yoga Alliance certified yoga instructor and I continue to receive ongoing training in Internal Family Systems Therapy and Gottman method of couples therapy. My style of therapy incorporates elements of all of these traditions where appropriate. Using creative and contemplative methods can often help you to access deeper levels of self understanding and insight than talk therapy alone. Combining both traditional and complementary methods creates a powerful and effective synergy that will move you toward the more fulfilling future that you desire.